Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday

Today is my birthday. I am 37 years old. My parents called and serenaded me with the traditional song. Then my mom said, "Pushing forty, eh?" I responded, "It's better then pushing daisies!" She agreed.

No please, stop racking your brain figuring out what great gift you can run out and buy me, I need nothing. You all have already given me such a gift, the best ever...true love and friendship. I can not thank you enough for all the meals, scrubbed toilets, childcare, little gifts, cards of love and support and of course the thousands of prayers that have been storming heaven in the past 6 months.

Dave and the children gave me a new under armour shirt and new pink running shoes. After lunch Dave had me try them on and suggested I get out for a walk. I decided to give it a try. I hadn't done any exercising in 5 months, so I was a little nervous. What do ya know, I survived the entire 10 minute walk with a little 30 second run at the end. I wasn't moving my normal brisk pace, but I was moving. I was moving!

When I stared running, I felt great joy on this my birthday. I felt like a fresh start, a new day, a new year, an open window. Now onto the next 37 years!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you got any pictures of your current hairstyle? I am sure everyone would love to see...

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Tree! Great update especially on your new pink shoes and the walk. We can't wait to see you in March.

Danny and Deborah

Jennifer said...

Happy belated birthday, Tree! It's good to celebrate! (Hey, if you're ever in Richmond, email me.)

Jen